RBLXDev: Major Changes Are Coming

All important information will be posted here.
Hello! It's rootx. I'm not very active in the community and just recently started working on RBLXDev again. I've been talking with Raymonf about the current problems with RBLXDev after a few headaches and 5 coffee cups. We finally came to a conclusion and figured out how we're going to do some things. Here is a list of features that are planned and currently In Development.

1: Emulation
This is a big thing. Probably the biggest feature. We no longer need to modify the client for simple stuff. Now we can add new pages and what not thanks to the emulation.

2: Security Fixes!
Yes, I have found out a way that will prevent most of the cheating. There will always be exploits but I can try to make it a bit harder. I cannot reveal any details on how this new system works. But it's good.

3: User Asset Uploading!
You will soon be able to upload your own assets from the client onto the website.
This means, Custom sound, Custom Assets, Meshes.

4: Site User Catalog
You will soon be able to wear hats and it'll transfer over to the current game.

5: Password Hashing
Right now the password system is a piece of crap. I will be re-writing it soon.

6: HWID Banning
Soon people will be able to HWID ban people from their servers.

That is all for now! Let me know what you think.

-Rootx
rbxrootx wrote: 1: Emulation
This is a big thing. Probably the biggest feature. We no longer need to modify the client for simple stuff. Now we can add new pages and what not thanks to the emulation. I wonder how that's gonna work.

2: Security Fixes!
Yes, I have found out a way that will prevent most of the cheating. There will always be exploits but I can try to make it a bit harder. I cannot reveal any details on how this new system works. But it's good. Well, at least we know the security's there.

3: User Asset Uploading!
You will soon be able to upload your own assets from the client onto the website.
This means, Custom sound, Custom Assets, Meshes. That'll be great. (If users aren't uploading extremely adult meshes or something)

4: Site User Catalog
You will soon be able to wear hats and it'll transfer over to the current game. Will there be more hats?

5: Password Hashing
Right now the password system is a piece of crap. I will be re-writing it soon. But we won't lose all our passwords and stuff, right?

6: HWID Banning
Soon people will be able to HWID ban people from their servers. 11/10 I'm not even joking

That is all for now! Let me know what you think. They're all great.
-Rootx
>YES
>YEES
>YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
Care to chat about it a bit, maybe on IRC? I'm mostly interested in that magical exploit prevention of yours!
I'm often at #roblox on freenode
It involves a hashing system.
Will the "Publish to ROBLOX" button in studio finally have a function?
rbxrootx wrote:It involves a hashing system.

The first thing I thought about when you said you can prevent changing local scripts is using GetHash, but that can be a bit of an issue too lol. If you do it on the server, then local script changes probably won't get replicated at all - I mean, they'll work for me, but the server won't see them. On the other hand, if you do it on the client, then.. well, it's just another local script and you know what happens to them hah.
There's also the insane option of adding more security, a memory/hash checker by writing Assembly by hand, but that'd be insane.
Not to press you or anything, but.. y'know, I can join a game as anyone I like, hah.
Updating the user authentication scheme is really a must right know.
>Meshes

you won me over
Thank you, Ive had lots of bugs related to these and I appreciate your updates. Thank you. Seriously.